The Association of Diesel Specialists is the worldwide diesel industry's leading trade association, dedicated to the highest level of service on diesel fuel injection and related systems. A.D.S. has over 700 corporate and individual members in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and more than 57 other countries.
The Association of Diesel Specialists Ortner Scholarship Program
In 1995, the Association of Diesel Specialists and the Ortner Foundation's trustees approved the Ortner Scholarship Program. The scholarships, administered by the ADS Technical Education Committee, seek to recruit new students into diesel training programs at institutions participating in the association's "TechSmart" program.
A total of 25 scholarships are offered each year. Twenty of these scholarships are available to first-year students and five are available to second-year students.
To be eligible for a scholarship, the student must:
- be enrolled as a first or second year student at a TechSmart member school
- submit an application and transcripts of prior education experience for review by the Technical Education Committee
- be sponsored by a TechSmart member instructor or a current ADS member
- Scholarships are limited to no more than $750 or one-half the annual tuition of the school attended, whichever is less
- No more than three scholarships will be awarded to students attending the same school, unless scholarship funds are not fully allotted for the time period requested
- Selected students and their sponsors will be recognized in the association's newsletter, Nozzle Chatter
- The Technical Education Committee may use all or a portion of the funds allotted to this program, based upon the number of applications and the desirability of such applicants as they apply to the intentions of the program
- Alfred State College
- Madison Area Technical College
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College
- University of Northwestern Ohio
- Oklahoma State University
- Wyoming Technical Institute
Association of Diesel Specialists
P.O. Box 26487
Overland Park, KS 66225
Tel. 913-345-0288 Fax. 913-345-0299